Experience with diagnosing and the repair of industrial machinery. Electrical knowledge to work safely and effectively with 3 phase electrical, motor controls, PLC controls, AC \ DC drives. Possess mechanical ability to work safely and effectively on different pneumatic, steam and hydraulic systems. Lubrication experience and mechanical repairs also required. Welding, machining skills, experience a plus. Basic PC operating skills required to enter the work order data and parts inventory. Some working at heights will be required
Monitors and maintains smooth plant operation, including production and packaging processes, support systems and facilities. With little or no supervision, disassembles / assembles, repairs, constructs, overhauls, maintains and installs all types of new and existing processing and packaging equipment and conveying, hydraulic and air systems as required. Performs preventive and predictive maintenance tasks. Responds to calls for service to any line in a timely manner. Independently troubleshoots equipment that is in need of repair or that is operating at a substandard level. Makes repairs and adjustments in a timely fashion to ensure as little downtime as possible.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Work in cooperation with engineering, technical and production supervisors or outside contractors as directed.
• Form, fabricate, and assemble components for repairs and/or modifications to existing equipment as well as experimental projects.
• Assist other maintenance personnel as needed.
• Address building maintenance issues as required.
• Clean all machinery, equipment and tools as required.
• Keep work areas and maintenance shop neat and orderly.
• Comply with all safety and GMP requirements.
• Complete required and appropriate paperwork.
• Perform other tasks as directed.
About Birchwood Foods
Since 1936, Birchwood Foods has provided fresh and frozen ground beef patties and fully cooked proteins to both food services and retail industries, developing a strong reputation of excellence established by our passion for partnership.