Machine Operator will report directly to Production Supervisor and Crew Leader and is primarily responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of assigned production equipment and processes.
- Set up machinery and ensure all production materials are available.
- Operate auxiliary machines and equipment, such as grinders to prepare or further process products and replenish materials as needed.
- Observe gauges, dials, product characteristics.
- Place products on conveyors or carts, and monitor product flow.
Visually inspect production run and document results.
- Determine and report malfunctions/downtime to appropriate parties.
Maintain cleanliness of equipment and assigned area, perform set-up and changeovers of equipment.
- Ensure Food Safety and Food Quality by following our HACCP Plan and all FSIS Directives.
- Maintain a safe work environment by adhering to Birchwood Foods policy and procedures.
- Previous experience operating auxiliary machines and equipment
- Prior production/manufacturing machine operation experience in food industry.
- Ability to operate manufacturing equipment safely with minimal supervision.
- Dependable and self-motivated with a positive attitude.
- Comfortable working in a refrigerated environment.
About Birchwood Foods
Since 1936, Birchwood Foods has provided fresh and frozen ground beef patties and fully cooked proteins to both food services and retail industries, developing a strong reputation of excellence established by our passion for partnership.