First Shift Position
The Production Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and maintaining all safety, quality, production, staffing, and efficiencies for their assigned department.
• Assure proper staffing requirements for department are obtained
• Enforce all safety practices
• Prepare daily efficiency reports and ensure efficiencies are met and/or exceeded
• Assure that all quality standards are followed
• Verify HACCP documents as required by HACCP plan
• Monitor GMP’s
• Understands BRC Principles and apples the training to those working in their department
• Strong communication skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong math and computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to make quick and sound decisions
• Ability to lead a team
• Responsible and organized
• Lock out/Tag out, HACCP, GMP, Safety, and BRC or Global Standards Training
• 5 years prior food processing background and familiarity with USDA and HACCP is required, meat industry preferred
• Previous experience in RTE (Ready to Eat) Facility
• Bachelor’s Degree in Meat/Agriculture Science, Supply Chain Management or related field preferred.
• Strong leadership qualities
Birchwood Foods offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits
About Birchwood Foods
Since 1936, Birchwood Foods has provided fresh and frozen ground beef patties and fully cooked proteins to both food services and retail industries, developing a strong reputation of excellence established by our passion for partnership.