First-shift Quality Assurance Supervisor responsibilities include overseeing the operation and function of the QA Technicians, maintaining and enforcing programs, procedures, policies, and manuals, and ensuring the safety and quality of incoming raw materials and outgoing finished products.
- Oversee all QA techs (11 technicians- Fresh and Frozen), responsible for the training and development of both Fresh and Frozen technicians.
- Responsible for QA technicians attendance, payroll, and performance evaluations
- Oversee the operation of the QA department, control of finished product evaluations and compliance towards specifications, HACCP, SSOP, and GMPs.
- Report to QA Manager and assist in assigned projects and other duties
- 3 years quality assurance experience in a supervisory capacity in the food/meat industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food, Animal, or Agricultural Science or related discipline, preferred.
- Solid knowledge of USDA regulations and policies
- Verifiable experience in addressing quality and food safety issues from both a corrective and preventive posture.
- Knowledge in Microbiological standards
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) skills are a plus
- Strong math and computer skills
Birchwood Foods offers a competitive salary and a full range of benefits.
About Birchwood Foods
Since 1936, Birchwood Foods has provided fresh and frozen ground beef patties and fully cooked proteins to both food services and retail industries, developing a strong reputation of excellence established by our passion for partnership.